Monday, August 20, 2012

Today's Lesson

Driving to meet the start of my ride on Sunday.  I thought this blog was in need of a self portrait.  
I rode on the bike path for a short portion of Sundays long ride.  This is the Columbia River looking at the Blue Bridge.  

I had a fantastic run this morning!  It's my last big workout before tapering for Ironman Wisconsin on September 9.  Yesterday I had a long bike ride coupled with a short run afterwards then today I ran.  I thought I would share some things I learned during my run today with you:  

1.  When a parent starts counting they are serious.  1... 2... 3... 

2.  People appreciate you saying "morning" when you go by if it's before 9am.  

3.  People look at you like you have two heads when you say "morning" after 9am.  

4.  More men than women walk their dogs on this particular bike path.  

5.  When doing an 11 mile loop twice, the second time around is always longer then the first time around.  

6.  A lady biked past me and said, "you're obviously in shape, you're my hero!"  I am someone's hero.  

7.  I can run faster than I thought.  

8.  Most people wear headphones, I do not.  

9.  Having worship before a run makes everything better!  

10.  22 miles is a long ways to go without having a conversation.  (if you've ever ran or biked with me, you know I don't shut up)

For those of you interested, here are my two longest workouts up to this point in preparation for my race that I completed this past weekend.  You may find it interesting, inspirational, boring, or confusing.  I totally geek out on this stuff, so if you're one of my admirers, now you know what gets me..  Just kidding.  But seriously, follow the links to my workouts.  Real quick, Sunday I biked then went for a short run and Monday I ran.  


What are some of  your long workouts?  

Have you ever pushed yourself harder than you thought possible?  

Do you enjoy people watching?  
  


1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your training and your goals. You are inspiring me and I hope one day I can be strong enough to train with you one day. Can't wait to hear about IMWI also!!!

    ReplyDelete